This customer had installed a new Metal Coating line in 2 overseas locations. When reviewing the project relative to compliance to Australian Standards, they became aware that there were some deficiencies in the design. Initially Tripel i were asked to review and attend a chazop. We were then to advise our customer on the issues. These were found to be a lack of compliance and insufficient protection on the controls when something failed to operate. When negotiations failed to resolve the issues, we were requested to make it safe for startup with additional interlocks, and then make it compliant to the required standards.
- Investigate existing system for compliance
- Participate in a hazop and chazop
- Design a Burner Management system to meet Australian Standards.
- Move the Hydrogen Nitrogen gas mixing functions to a SIL system.
- Yokogawa CS3000 (Existing)
- Pilz PS3000
- Move DCS code to Gas Safety System
- Modify DCS code to maintain working functionality.