Mine Winder Electrical and Controls Upgrade
- Mining & Minerals
Mine Winder Drive Upgrade – Electrical and Controls Installation
Triple i completed the electrical and controls installation for the upgrade of the Men and Materials Winder at a major lead and zinc mine in Cobar, NSW. The existing control system was no longer sustainable and did not comply with the current mines regulations.
- Installation of the new control panels, interconnecting cabling.
- Installation of the underground control panels and field devices.
- Installation of the fibre optic network.
- Installation work to be done during 6 week period whilst the Mine was still operational.
- Cutover and commissioning to be done during 1 week shut.
- Allen-Bradley Logix 5000 & Logix I/O
- Powerflex Drive
- Triple I completed their scope within 3 days during actual shutdown.
- Installation and cutover completed ahead of time and on budget.
- Cost and performance targets were all met.